March 29, 2010

Splish Splash

I so want a bath right now.

For whatever the reason - being a water sign, Australian, or just growing up with a beach-going family - I love the water. Okay, watching 'Jaws' as a 3 year old, and regular summers of sunburn has put me off the beach a little. And yes, swimming at the local pool/baths can be off-putting unless you're there to 'pick-up' or are somewhat athletic. But I like baths. I can do baths and bathing. I looooove soaking until I'm all macerated. Heaven.

Problem is, I don't have a real bath where I live. I have a 'shower/bath' combination, where the bath is more of an afterthought. It isn't long enough for me to recline in, and is enclosed with shower screens so I can't hang my head over the edge or anything languid like that. It doesn't promote relaxation, that's for sure, and is certainly not my ideal bath - although a quick image search proved I'm not really sure what my ideal bath looks like. Maybe something close to this could do me well enough...



There's also the issue of water restrictions in Oz. When state water storage is below 40%, you tend to stick to 4min showers at the maximum. It's not easy, and is possibly a little smelly, but it's for the greater good. Unfortunately, it puts major guilt on bath lovers like myself. If I've had an awful week, and I know a bath will help me feel better mentally/physically/spiritually...do I still do it?? Damn you, temptation! Damn you water levels!! I get more anxious just thinking about it.

One of my favourite things to do, is to save up my pennies and go to a day spa. I say this as if it's a regular thing - I've been twice. We have 'Spa Country' where I live, a region of the country devoted to 'taking the waters'. Trust me - they're worth the price. It could be part placebo, part healing waters, but I'm buying it. Well, when I can afford it. Then there's the Japanese Bathhouse, (Sento), something I'm still to try out. The question is whether to go with friends and do the whole nudity thing with them, or whether to go it alone. So many decisions. It's stressing me out!

Dammit, I'm tired, grumpy and I want a bath. A good bath. A deep, hot, bubbly bath, with the lights dimmed, some kind of view (where no one can see in, of course), maybe scented candles or an oil burner going on...oh, gods, how I want that so badly. Gimme!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Want it? Feel free to leave a comment...