June 20, 2010

Simone & Girlfunkle

I'm not really a fan of the whole 'Frankie' style craze going about. It's all very pastel, vintage and pretty, but I just don't get it. Or rather, I don't covet it. Sure, I love pretty dresses, and the whole nymph look, but I find the style a little vapid and empty.

Having said that, I saw this video the other day, and whilst it seems very much in the 'Frankie' style, there's something extra special about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's simply a higher saturation of colour? Or perhaps it taps into my desire to experience a food fight? Who cares - I love it, and am probably going to drive the BF crazy listening to it all week:


"Chilly Cold" by Simone & Girlfunkle

I've already gone and bugged them for their EP, but it's not released yet. I want it so very much, just so I can listen to this song on my stereo, and bake cupcakes whilst dancing around in my warm socks (which I will find, dammit).

No more chilly cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Want it? Feel free to leave a comment...