December 15, 2010

Christmas List

My goodness, it's been a while since I've posted anything substantial! I've been so not-very-busy this silly season, but at the same time, I feel that I have. Got lots on the mind, so haven't been coveting enough! Bad consumer, K! Bad, bad!

Don't worry, I'm back on board with a Christmas Wishlist - for myself. It mostly comprises of clothes! Who would've thought? Nothing will fulfil me until I have fulfilled my wardrobe to the brim. Or something like that. What's weird is that, even though it's summer where I am, I've been mostly wanting to buy jackets and coats. Such as these gems from ModCloth (all prices in US dollars):

Tell the Chartreuse Coat
$57.99



Dusk Flurries Coat
$124.99

Then again, as it's the Silly Season, I'm also looking a fabulous party dresses to wear to parties I can only dream up in my head. Most of them have a real wintry feel about them, such as:

Destined for Stardom Dress
$107.99


...but I really have enough party dresses to last me through the next five years without being seen in the same party frock twice, so I should concentrate on light, easy-to-wear summer dresses that will see me through a hot, Australian summer.


Richly Royal Dress

$44.99


My only problem with ModCloth is that I'm between their Medium and Large sizes. They used to list the full measurements of their garments on their site so I could make a more informed choice on whether I could squeeze into the M or whether the L would be far too big to bother with, but now they only list the length. As an international buyer, it makes me less inclined to buy from them as returning garments is bloody costly. Ah well.

Shoes are also on my wishlist. I love a good pair of shoes, as I'm sure I've mentioned before many times, but I tend not to buy any, as I just don't wear them. I stick to two pairs for the majority of the time until they wear out. My main issue with shoes is that I believe you should be able to walk in the damn things, preferably without crippling yourself. When I try on a shoe, I ask myself whether they're up to a night of walking, dancing and standing (or some combination of the three). If they don't meet a minimum of two requirements, I don't buy 'em.

I'm getting offtrack, aren't I? Basically, all I meant to say was that I've been eying off a pair of shoes at a local shoe store which UPDATED pass two out of three requirements (standing and walking - just) and are being sold for cheaper than their RRP. However, they only have one pair left in my size (9, if you're asking), and they're not the colour I'd prefer (green!). They are in trusty black though, and by gods, they makes my legs look incredible. Honestly, they look less ridiculous on my feet than they do in the website photo, and the green is much more saturated a colour:


"Hannah" shoe
$169.95 (Australian)
From RMK Shoes


Also on my wishlist is practically everything currently at Peter Alexander and Seychelles Footwear. I'd like some books, but at the moment, I'm one bookshelf down (my damn IKEA bookshelf broke), and in need of a storage solution for a mass of books currently stacked up against a wall. I'm thinking a piano stool would be lovely. I miss my piano so much, so a piano stool would be nostalgic for me, plus it could act as an extra seat for guests, a (somewhat high) footstool, and I could whack a good deal of books in there. Something like this:


Oxford Single Box Piano Stool
From Miller's Music Centre


...although looking at it, I doubt it would hold all the books currently bookshelf-less. Maybe a piano stool and some cube storage thingies from Freedom.

Apart from all that, I'd love some new perfume. The Body Shop has a new one out called Love Etc which has a few of my favourite notes in such as pear and jasmine.

From The Body Shop Australia

The fact that it comes in a parfum is good - none of that watered down toilette stuff! - and it's also available as a solid perfume, which makes it easier to carry some around with you without worries of it leaking or the bottle getting smashed. Naturally, The Body Shop have all bases covered and you can also buy moisturisers and shower gels with the scent in it too.

So there! That's my Christmas wishlist. Geez, it's pretty crap, isn't it? No real dreamy products or anything that isn't highly predictable for me. I must be getting old. Oh, maybe one more thing - a new swimsuit or some goggles. It's swimmin' season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Want it? Feel free to leave a comment...